Residential College Fees, Residence Period and Meal Service Period for Academic Year 2019/2020
The University of Macau (UM) undergraduate freshmen should live in a Residential College during their first year of study. Upper-class students may apply to live in a Resident College. Those who register for residential living during the First Semester undertake (or pledge) to reside in the College for the entire academic year. College Fees, however, are paid in two installments, one in May and the other in November.
Part A: Residential College (RC) Fees
The Residential College Fee is applicable to all students living in Residential Colleges, including new intakes and returning students.
|Local Students||Non-local Students||Incoming Exchange Students|
* Macau student refers to holder of valid Macao SAR I.D. card;
* Room type is double occupancy for two semesters.
* The fee includes 15 meals per week, residential college facilities, activities, high table dinner, workshops and seminars, etc.
Part B: RC Residence Period for Academic Year 2019/2020
|Academic Year 2019/2020||Starting Date||Ending Date|
|1st Semester||12 August 2019||5 January 2020|
|2nd Semester||6 January 2019||31 May 2020 (For all academic units, except FLL)|
10 days after the final examination of Faculty of Law in the 2nd Semester (For FLL only)
Part C: RC Meal Service Period for Academic Year 2019/2020
|Academic Year 2019/2020||Meal Service Period|
|1st Semester||12 August – 19 December 2019 (18 Weeks)|
|2nd Semester||5 – 18 January 2020 (2 Weeks)|
2 February – 18 May 2020 (15 Weeks)
Part D: Refund Policy
1. All students who withdraw from RC 2 weeks before the residence period starts or earlier can apply for a full refund of the RC fee paid.
2. All students who withdraw from RC within 2 weeks before the residence period starts can apply for a refund of 50% of the RC fee paid.
3. There will be no refund for students who withdraw from RC after the residence period starts.
4. For any other cases, please contact the General Office for enquiry.
* Withdrawal and refund application in written format submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org is required;
* Withdrawal and refund application is subject to College Master’s final approval.